Life, yoga and other adventures

Click here for my general blog, Life, yoga and other adventures

Friday 2 February 2018

Back to school

Today, I've been planning my lessons for the forthcoming week, which includes a special day next Thursday, when I shall be working with the students in a senior school. I'm looking forward to this - I did it last year, so I know what to expect - but I shall be a bit apprehensive, nonetheless. Teenage girls can be scary, and I know because I can remember being one: full of attitude and so sure I was right about everything. What do you mean, I'm still like that?

My plan is to treat them like adults. Of course, I'll bear in mind that they are still growing, physically and emotionally, but I see no reason to dumb down. It will be interesting to see how they respond. Some of them will hate it, I'm sure. Some will say they hate it, but secretly quite enjoy it. Some, I hope, will fall in love with yoga. I was a teenager when I first started going to classes with my mum - and look what happened to me.

Wish me luck. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment